: Short Research Paper:
Learning Outcome #2: Can discuss the relevance of principles, data and practice presented in the Friday Forum to own activities or within a specified hypothetical context
Paper 2 Assignment (Short Research Paper): Apply the information from the Forum to your own work experience and environment, if appropriate. If the information is not relevant to a current or past work situation, apply the information to hypothetical situations facing professionals, which could include research related to a topic raised by the speaker.
Paper 2 Short Research Paper Checklist:
Use at least three references from peer reviewed professional journals in addition to the Forum presentation.
· Use APA format in citing references in the body of your paper and at the end of your paper on a References page. Other aspects of APA formatting such as running heads, inclusion of an abstract, etc. are not applicable to this paper.
· Only references referred to in your paper should be on your References page.
· Your Short Research Paper should be at least 4-6 pages in length, typed double-spaced, excluding a cover sheet (if you use one) and the Reference page at the end.
· When writing your paper, avoid phrases such as “I think,” “I feel,” or “I believe.”
An Introduction to the Application of
Psychology in the Workplace
Conflict of Interest Disclaimer
Why this title?
This isn’t our grandparents’
or our parents’ workplace
Introduction and Background
◦ Academic background
◦ Psychology, Marketing
◦ Organization Behavior → Human
◦ Counseling Psychology
Avocational Interests/ experiences
◦ Arts: Film, theatre, music, dance
◦ Not-for-profit BOD
◦ Professional organizations executive and
◦ Vocationally – not on the resume
◦ City Hall people desk
◦ CETA volunteer
◦ Bingo hall concessions worker
APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY IN
Applying Psychology in
Workplace Diversity efforts
IN THE WORKPLACE
Join at slido.com
ⓘ Start presenting to display the joining instructions on this slide.
Do you think people successfully separate
their personal lives and feelings from work?
ⓘ Start presenting to display the poll results on this slide.
Disrupt work — globally
Remote work trendline – US
BLS vs Reality
◦ The US Bureau of Labor and Statistics lists the following:
• 19-3030 Psychologists19-3032 Industrial-Organizational Psychologists Apply principles of psychology to human
resources, administration, management, sales, and marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning;
employee testing and selection, training, and development; and organizational development and analysis. May
work with management to organize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
• Illustrative examples: Engineering Psychologist , Human Resources Psychologist , Management Psychologist
• 19-3039 Psychologists, All OtherAll psychologists not listed separately.
• Illustrative examples: Forensic Psychologist , Social Psychologist , Sports Psychologist
◦ Summary Report for:
19-3032.00 – Industrial-Organizational Psychologists
◦ Apply principles of psychology to human resources, administration, management, sales, and
marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning; employee testing and selection,
training, and development; and organizational development and analysis. May work with
management to organize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
◦ Sample of reported job titles: Consulting Psychologist, Industrial Psychologist,
Industrial/Organizational Psychologist (I/O Psychologist), Management Consultant, Organizational
Consultant, Organizational Development Consultant (OD Consultant), Organizational Psychologist,
Some titles seen in business world
◦ Management consultants
◦ Executive coach
◦ Behavioral Health consultant
◦ Leadership development consultants
◦ Life coach
◦ Organization effecti
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.