Short Research Paper:
Apply the information from the Forum to your own work experience and environment, if appropriate. If the information is not relevant to a current or past work situation, apply the information to hypothetical situations facing professionals, which could include research related to a topic raised by the speakers.
Use at least three references from peer reviewed professional journals in addition to the Forum presentations.
Use APA format in citing references in the body of your paper and at the end of your paper on a References page. Other aspects of APA formatting such as running heads, inclusion of an abstract, etc. are not applicable to this paper. It is recommended that you use PsychInfo or other library database to obtain peer-reviewed sources.
Your Short Research Paper should be 5-6 pages in length, typed double-spaced. In addition, include a cover sheet (which includes your name) and a Reference section at the end.
✓ The First Friday Forum program starts at 9 A.M. CST.
✓ This presentation is being recorded only for a future CE program.
✓ You are on mute and will be on mute for this forum.
✓ Use the Q&A box for questions you would like to ask the speaker, and
the Chat box for technical or other questions for webinar administrators.
✓ Links to the program overview and the speaker’s slides are in your
forum confirmation email.
✓ You must attend the entire forum to receive CE or academic credit.
✓ After the forum, you will receive the evaluation form via email from MPA.
✓ First Friday Forums are co-sponsored with the Metropolitan State
University Psychology Department.
✓ Music provided by Mixaund: https://mixaund.bandcamp.com
Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders:
What ALL Clinicians Need To Know
Gabrielle Mauren, PhD, LP, PMH-C
Minnesota Psychological Association
First Friday Forum
January 7, 2022
▪ Disclosure of Financial Relationships: I am employed by Park
Nicollet Health Services (Minnesota, USA).
▪ I have co-authored a book on PMADs – “Myself Again: The
PARENTS Postpartum Survival Guide” (Praeclarus Press,
▪ I have not accepted any reimbursement (financial, gifts, or in-
kind exchange) for this presentation from any source other
than the accredited CE provider or its educational partner (or
1. Recognize the symptoms and diagnostic differentials for the
range of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, (e.g., baby
blues, depression, anxiety, trauma, and psychosis).
2. Describe risk and contributing factors for developing
Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
3. Explain the treatment options for Perinatal Mood and Anxiety
Disorders, including empirically supported psychotherapy
PMADs: The Basics
Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders
(depression, bipolar disorders, postpartum blues, etc.)
(panic, generalized anxiety, OCD, PTSD, etc.)
(schizophrenia, mania, depression, etc.)
• 70-80% of new mothers will experience the baby blues
• 15-20% will experience perinatal depression
• 10-25% will develop an anxiety disorder
• 0.1-0.2% will develop postpartum psychosis
• Of all women who will experience depression in their lifetimes,
50% will have their first episode after having a baby. (APA, 2021)
• When do symptoms present?
• Anytime within the first 12 months, often in the first 2-4
months postpartum, sometimes during pregnancy.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.