Assessing Organizational Challenges: Final Draft
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 2, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning this assignment, you must complete the Assessing Organizational Challenges: First Draft (Peer Feedback) discussion and have received feedback. Review the discussion threads you, your classmates, and your instructor posted. Make note of any constructive suggestions you can integrate into your own analysis of organizational challenges inherent in the Week 6 Southglenn Physical Therapy Clinics Case Study, and incorporate feedback from your instructor and classmates into your paper.
Navigate to this week’s discussion to review your feedback if necessary:
Week 5 Discussion 3 – First Draft Peer Review
In a paper of at least 900 words (exclusive of title and reference pages), and supported by at least two required scholarly sources, address the first two assignment directives below in a more substantive manner, and respond to the third bullet point.
In your paper,
· Analyze the case study from the Week 6 Final Paper instructions to identify organizational challenges.
· Describe, briefly, each organizational challenge you identified, explaining the nature of the challenge and how the challenge affects the leaders and managers in the organization.
· You may use a bulleted list to compile the challenges you identified and your explanation of each.
· Categorize each type of challenge as best addressed by leadership principles and practices, management principles and practices, or a combination of both, briefly explaining your choices.
The Assessing Organizational Challenges paper must be at least 900 words in length (exclusive of title and reference pages), and reference at least two required scholarly sources (see
Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)
). Include title and reference pages in your paper; this paper does not require an abstract. Format your paper according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s
APA Style (Links to an external site.)
resource. Use resources listed in the Week 1 and 2 assignments to help you correctly format your paper.
Carefully review the
Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)
for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Southglenn Physical Therapy Clinics Case Study
Lawanda Hastings has a challenge ahead of her. She recently took over leadership responsibilities for the downtown branch of Southglenn Physical Therapy Clinics (SPTC), which are private outpatient clinics owned by Dr. Matt Nelson. SPTC has served the Salt Lake City community since 1999 and specializes in orthopedic rehabilitation, sports medicine, deep tissue massage therapy, aquatic therapy, and work-related injuries. Over the years, Dr. Nelson has built SPTC from a single outpatient clinic to three complementary clinics that have a sound reputation for providing excellent physical therapy services.
SPTC is especially well-known for the excellent rehabilitation services provided for professional and amateur athletes who injure knees or other joints in snow sport accidents, common injuries associated with Utah’s exceptional ski resorts, where many collegiate and Olympic athletes practice for competitive events, and families ski and snowboard during the winter months.
The three clinics complement one another because each offers basic rehabilitation services, and each is also known for a particular specialty. For example, the Main SPTC clinic, now housed in a 30,000-square foot building with an indoor pool, focuses on sports medicine, athletic injuries, and aquatic therapy. The Downtown clinic that Lawanda now leads specializes in work injury programs, designed to help patients return to full employment after an occupational injury. The smallest of the three clinics in the nearby suburb of Murray primarily treats post-surgical patients to help reduce pain and increase mobility. All three clinics are located along the light rail line, making travel between the clinic locations for staff and patients quite easy.
Each of the three SPTC operations is headed by a clinic director, whose role is to lead clinic operations and coordinate patient care at the clinic location. Each director is also a licensed physical therapist, who ultimately oversees the professional conduct of clinic staff. The three directors report directly to Matt Nelson, as does the clinic administrator, who is responsible for functions such as patient scheduling, client and insurance billing, the electronic medical record system, purchasing and accounts payable, and personnel and payroll services. These functions are coordinated centrally at the Main SPTC clinic, as are out-sourced custodial and maintenance services for each clinic.
A marketing coordinator also reports directly to Matt. About 65% of the patients seen at SPTC are referred by local physicians, so maintaining strong relationships with local medical providers is essential for SPTC’s long-term prosperity. Along with Matt, the three clinic directors, the clinic administrator, and the marketing coordinator comprise the SPTC leadership team. Additionally, at each clinic, managers oversee the clinic’s routine physical therapy services and rehabilitation ser
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.