Basically it is a workproject where it excel solver has to be used to get the optimal connection in a water treatment process. The project is just attatched.
100 12500 9500
T3 100 12500 9500 0
(t/h) C1 C2 C3
C1 C2 C3
15 400 35
(ppm) C1 C2 C3
110 12500 160
100 45 9500
100 12500 9500 T2
C1 C2 C3
It is necessary to obtain a final effluent with a concentration lower than the maximum allowed by law:
And the objective is to minimize the total flow to be treated, ie min
Evaluation criteria: i) Answer to questions (mini report, maximum 4 pages); (ii)
It is intended to design the optimal network for the treatment of effluents from aqueous streams from
an industrial process. There are 3 currents (S1-S3) with the following characterization for the 3 relevant
There are 3 treatment processes (T1-T3) that can be used with the following technical characteristics
for the different contaminants (removal ratio and maximum inlet concentration):
March 2022Final work
Note: The network superstructure is on slide 89 and the NLP model is on slide 90.
Functionality and presentation of the spreadsheet in Excel submitted in Moodle, which must include a
worksheet for each item. In case of obvious similarities between the submitted files, the authors will
be called for discussion.
Machine Translated by Google
1) Consider the linear relaxation of the NLP formulation shown on slide 101.
a) Solve it with the Excel solver, using as initialization the solution of 1a). If no
3) The global optimal solution presents partial bypass of the currents to the treatment system.
2) Implement the nonlinear programming model from slide 90.
2b) is it in fact the global optimum?
What is the estimate of the flow to be addressed for the nonlinear problem?
b) Represent the network corresponding to the optimal solution of a), showing only the
total to treat.
no slide 92.
a) Implement the linear programming model and solve it using Excel Solver.
find a workable solution, try a serial boot as suggested
Determine the minimum value of bypass that can be obtained and the penalty on the flow
c) Is the solution of a) an admissible solution of the nonlinear problem? If you don’t think so,
initialization values of the variables and represent the optimal solution of the problem
active links and non-zero variable value.
Experiment with other initialization values until you find the global optimum. Indicate the
b) It is possible that the solution of 2a) is not the global optimum of the pr
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.