NO OUTSIDE SOURCES only sources provided
W.E.B DuBois On The Purpose of History–
Part 1: Look for the Big Ideas- What does the author argue needs to be done and why?
Part 2: Evaluate the author’s claim and evidence. Use the “Compass Word” annotation strategy to write this analytical paragraph.
Part 3: Put the information from your charts into a short essay.
Part 1: Identify the Big Ideas in the Essay by answering some of these questions
Speaker: What does the reader know about the writer?
Occasion: What are the circumstances surrounding this text?
Audience: Who is the target audience?
Purpose: Why did the author write this text?
Subject: What is the topic?
Tone: What is the author’s tone or attitude?
Part 2: Argument Analysis
Create your own Compass Word or phrases for significant paragraphs in the DuBois excerpt
Annotated Inference/ Key Idea:
Word Compass, tone, or rhetorical/ stylistic device
Paraphrased Text Evidence
As you read the passage consider how the author uses
• evidence, such as facts or examples, to support claims.
• reasoning to develop ideas and to connect claims and evidence.
• stylistic or persuasive elements, such as word choice or appeals to emotion, to add power to the ideas expressed.
Write an essay in which you explain how DuBois builds an argument to persuade his audience on the purpose of history. In your essay, analyze how he uses one or more of the features listed above (or features of your own choice) to strengthen the logic and persuasiveness of his argument. Be sure that your analysis focuses on the most relevant aspects of the passage. Your essay should not explain whether you agree with Dubois’s claims, but rather explain how he builds an argument to persuade his audience.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.