Opportunity cost of your resource is defined as “the value associated with the next best use of that resource (which you must give up).” Decisions you make should reflect your opportunity cost, and not just your out-of-pocket costs. For example, if you decide to spend two hours of your time watching TV, the opportunity cost of your time is the value associated with its next best use (studying, sleeping, or another use).
This exercise will ask you to relate this concept to decision making. When the I-395 Express Lanes first opened in November 2019, the toll was expected to reach up to $30 for drivers in the Northbound lanes to travel a distance of only 8 miles during the morning rush hour. Read the Washington Post story here.
Post your responses to the following question in the Opportunity Cost discussion forum.
Initial Response: Using the principles of Opportunity Cost and Rational Decision Making, explain why (or why not) drivers might pay up to $30 to save 30 minutes of travel time during the rush hour.
Contribution to Discussion: After you have posted your response, review the posts of your other classmates. Add to your original post and answer this question: How much would you pay to use the HOT lane and why?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.