Read Case Study 12-27 “Stingy Upstate University” (Process Maps, Decision Tables, and Decision Trees) on pages 395-396 in Core Concepts of Accounting Information Systems. PLEASE NOTE: The link under the Case Study textbook reading, opens to Case Study 12-26 — you will need to scroll down to get to Case Study 12-27. Make sure you are completing the correct assignment.
Complete the items identified for questions 1 to 3.
Write a 45- to 175-word responses to questions 4 and 5 following the case study.
NOTE: For the process map, refer to Figure 12-13 on page 375 of the textbook. For the Decision Table, refer to Figure 12-16 on page 379 and for the Decision Tree, refer to Figure 12-17 on page 380. Your diagrams should be similar with all the detailed information of the case study. Each diagram needs to reflect the same details and format but with the case study information using the correct symbols. Microsoft Word is the preferred software to use in creating the diagrams since it has all the shapes and lines needed. Be sure to use the textbook formats and correct shapes/symbols for the three diagrams.
12-27. Stingy Upstate University (Process Maps, Decision Tables, and Decision Trees)
The approval rules for reimbursing those faculty members at Upstate University who attend professional conferences are somewhat complicated and, in the opinion of most, “hardly generous.” For example, the maximum allowed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner is $8, $10, and $12, respectively. In addition, no reimbursements are made for breakfast if the traveler leaves home after 10 am, for lunch if the traveler leaves home after 2 pm, or for dinner if the traveler leaves home after 8 pm. Finally, no reimbursements are made for “business lunches” or similar meals if their costs are included as part of the conference registration fee. When Upstate University faculty file for travel reimbursements, they must file a form that requests the time they left home and the time they left the hotel to return home. They must also provide a copy of their conference registration receipt, showing what meals were included in the program.
1. Develop a process map that displays the logic for deciding whether or not a given meal should be reimbursed.
2. Develop a decision table for these same reimbursement rules.
3. Develop a decision tree for these same reimbursement rules.
4. Which documentation method do you most prefer and why?
5. Marsha Tightfist approves or denies travel reimbursements at Upstate University. She gets paid $50,000 a year, reviews all requests for travel reimbursements, and denies those that violate these rules. What calculations would you make to determine whether or not her salary is money well spent?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.