Concepts and Applications of Information Technology (IFSM201)
Purpose of this Assignment
The Class Project is the most significant assignment in this course, Concepts and Applications of
Information Technology. As such, it accounts for 40% of the course points. This assignment is
comprised of two deliverables; a SWOT Analysis and a Presentation. The SWOT Analysis is due
in Week 4 (worth 15% of course grade), and the Presentation is due in Week 8 (worth 25% of
This assignment gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to research, evaluate,
and describe business strategy focused on information technology tools and services. This
assignment specifically addresses the following course outcomes:
• Identify the basic components of the information system: hardware, software, data,
processes, and people, and how these components are used to support strategic
• Apply information technology tools for research, data gathering and information
analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, and communicating information that aligns
with business needs and objectives.
The Class Project for this course focuses on the evaluation of a business or organization and
how they might strengthen their operations through technology, including their information
systems. There are two parts to the Class Project; the SWOT Analysis and the Presentation. You
will use the same business/organization for both parts; however, the grade received on the
SWOT Analysis will not affect the grade for the Presentation (they are separate assignments).
Step 1: Choose a Business or Organization
To begin, choose a business or organization that you would like to evaluate – it can be where
you work, a school (UMGC), a place of worship, government entity (e.g., DMV, Secretary of
State, courthouse, etc.), or any other type of organization. Since the focus of the analysis will
involve information technology, the best type of organization to choose is one where you can
envision technology playing a key role in improving products, processes, or services.
*From this point on, the instructions focus on the first deliverable, the SWOT Analysis*
Step 2: The SWOT Analysis (due week 4)
Now that you have chosen a business or organization for your Class Project, it is time to
complete the first deliverable – the SWOT analysis. A SWOT analysis is a framework for
identifying and analyzing an organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats —
SWOT stands for: Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat. Commonly used by businesses,
this tool focuses on factors that are important to strategic decision making. These factors
include both internal and external influences on the viability of the organization.
For more explanations on a SWOT Analysis, go to:
• YouTube “How to Perform a SWOT Analysis”
• Complete Your SWOT Analysis
• Forbes: W
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.