2000 words 6 full double spaced page
research paper 4 sources at least, 2 from physical book at least
argument thesis below
Walt whitman drum taps is microcosm of the civil warEnglish 209 Research Essay Assignment Sheet Crawford 1
Research Essay Assignment Sheet:
Length: 2000 words (i.e., about 6 full double-spaced pages minimum. A paper less than 5
complete, double spaced pages may be penalized for not meeting the assignment-length
requirements. Papers longer than 10 pages are not recommended). This word count excludes the
Research Proposal and Annotated Bibliography.
Total Final Grade weight: Research Proposal and Annotated Bibliography 15%, Final
Research essay 35%.
Thursday, September 1: Topics assigned in class.
Friday, September 30: Parts 1 and 2: Research Proposal and Annotated Bibliography:
Part 1: Craft an argumentative thesis statement and then construct an outline for your research
essay. See below for details on what constitutes an argumentative thesis. 100 word minimum.
Part 2: The annotated bibliography should include a minimum of 4 academic sources located
through the library and/or the library’s website. Please note that at least 2 of these sources must
be physical books that you check out of the library (i.e., Gorgas). Do not use resources designed
for children and/or young adults (this includes all items located at McLure library). Do not use
sources found through non-academic search engines (e.g., Google). If you are unsure of the
suitability of the source, please consult me. 400 word minimum for all of the annotations (with
an 80-word minimum for each entry).
For both parts the minimum word count is 500 words for Part 1 and Part 2 together.
Friday, November 11: Part 3: Final Research Essay:
You will write one literary research essay in which you combine your own reading of a text or
texts which we have covered in class with research from at least 4 academic resources, at
minimum 2 of which must be physical books that you check out from the library. An
argumentative thesis is required for this essay, based on the topic assigned to you in class. Word
count: 2,000 words.
The Rubric used to grade both parts of this project is provided at the end of this document.
What this assignment is: Based on your assigned topic you will write one research essay
exploring one or more of the texts we covered this semester. You may read ahead to research a
text or assigned topic that we have not yet covered. You must only write your research essay on
that specific topic.
In this essay you are required to write a literary analysis Research Essay with an argumentative
thesis statement. You will then support the claim of your argumentative thesis statement with a
combination of close reading and scholarly academic research that supports your argumentative
English 209 Research Essay Assignment Sheet Crawford 2
thesis statement. You will make claims that support your argumentative thesis and then provide
support for those claims based on your own un
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.