Select and examine a peer-reviewed empirical article using the same social work topic you examined in Week 3. For this new assignment, use the NCU library resources to search for a peer-reviewed article on your topic that specifically uses one of the three research methods/designs covered this week–either survey research, evaluation research, or single-subject design. The article should focus on a social work population, emphasizing high-quality, ethical research with diverse and oppressed populations.
Prepare a written critique of the article you selected. Begin with a brief summary of the article, the method, and the findings. Then, address the following:
Identify the research method employed by the article, whether it is survey research, evaluation research, or a single subject design. Explain how you knew which method was used.
Assess how well the research problem is defined. In your opinion, is it too narrow or broad? Explain.
Determine if the researcher(s) discuss the role of theory in the research. If so, how does this contribute to the study? If not, how does the omission affect the study?
Explain if the research purposes, questions, and/or hypotheses flow logically from the introductory material.
Explain if the researchers adequately describe the steps taken for the protection of human subjects, informed consent, research ethics, and confidentiality.
Determine if the analysis was statistical or non-statistical.
Was the description of the results easy to understand? Explain your rationale.
Determine if the descriptions of research procedures and methods were sufficiently detailed. Were any important details missing?
Do the researchers imply if their research proved something? Explain if you believe the researchers’ results prove something.
Assess the researcher(s)’ acknowledgment and discussion of the study’s limitations.
Would you be proud to have your name on this research as a co-author?
Support your assignment with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Length: 4-6 pages, not including title and reference pages
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.