Geospatial Intelligence Graduate Course Midterm Exam
Fill in the blanks and choose the correct answers. Your Midterm Exam Test consists of 2 groups of
• Assignment 1 is a Theoretical one. It consists of: 1) short answers 2) multiple-choice 3) true
& false questions
• Assignment 2 is a Practical one. It is focused on applying ArcGIS for spatial analysis. Save a
Final Map in .pdf format and submit to the Midterm Exam Drop Box.
I. SHORT ANSWERS Limit your answer to no more than 10-20 words
1. Explain the difference between attribute data and spatial data and give an example of each. Do we
need to input both data to GIS? Explain your answer
2. Even with the increasing availability of digital sources, why might one still consider tracing from
paper sources for a GIS project?
3. What is the difference between “spatial entities” and “continuous fields”? When we use an entity-
based approach and a field-based approach. Give examples.
4. Name four DISADVANTAGES of raster data structure (name more for extra points)
5. Describe how would you create a new ArcGIS layer of the rivers (rivers.lyr), that go through three
states: Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania?
6. Describe the steps in reclassifying the generic map of Virginia to the map of population. What steps
do you need to do? What layers/data do you need for this?
II. MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTIONS Check or circle the correct answer. 1. In the World of GIS,
another term for the spatial feature (object) is:
2. Which of the following is the example of non-spatial data?
The number of rooms in an office building
The path of a highway between two cities
The vegetation patterns
The location of supermarkets in Fairfax, VA
3. Which of the following are NOT the advantages of vector data structure?
Compact data structure
Accurate graphic representation
Overlay analysis is easy
Network analysis is easy
III. TRUE AND FALSE QUESTIONS Mark with T=True or F=False the following statements
1. Today success or failure with GIS depends more on technology, but not on the conceptual models of
2. GIS analyst spends much more time on creation than on verification a model
3. In a GIS attribute information and spatial information are linked to each other
4. Spatial environmental surface analysis and modeling is easy with CAD systems
5. When you select the spatial feature on a map in ArcGIS, the attribute information about the same
feature has to be found and selected separately
RATIONALE: Imagine that
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.