see attached!This week we will discuss consciousness and artificial intelligence. Watch this video:
Now read this article:
Using these two sources as well as your readings for this week to support your discussion, do you think robots will ever achieve consciousness in the same sense that humans are conscious? Why or why not? Should scientists be trying to achieve the goal of consciousness in machines? What are some ethical issues one might consider when arguing for or against the achievement of conscious robots?
Classmate post 1:
Do you think robots will ever achieve consciousness in the same sense that humans are conscious? Why or why not?
I think it is hard to tell whether or not AI will ever achieve consciousness because as humans we are prone to anthropomorphizing things and we cannot truly be sure whether or not the appearance of sentience in AI is just a “clever illusion,” at least as of now. I was watching a video about how one of the Google employees testing its LaMDA AI believed it had achieved sentience, and reading the transcript of the conversation between him and the AI was incredibly eerie and the AI certainly gave the appearance of being sentient. One thing I know is that people trying to figure out whether or not an AI has achieved consciousness will teach us a lot about human consciousness itself and how to define it, as we ourselves still can’t fully understand it.
Should scientists be trying to achieve the goal of consciousness in machines? What are some ethical issues one might consider when arguing for or against the achievement of conscious robots?
I think it would be very cool to be able to one day talk to a robot that has achieved consciousness, but I have to also think about whether it would be a good thing for humanity. I think if we intend to have machines and AI work alongside us and help us, it would be best to avoid trying to recreate consciousness in them. I think it would only cause issues with them fulfilling their actual purpose if humans come to see them as too similar to themselves and as having emotions and feelings; we would naturally be prone to becoming attached to them and could be easily manipulated by an AI with ill intentions. It would also raise some serious ethical issues in my opinion, as if an AI/robot is truly sentient and capable of human emotion, should we then treat them as human? Would shutting down a sentient AI be the same thing as murder? Can a sentient robot experience emotional trauma? This is a slippery slope, but I think that it is one we will have to deal with since scientists will likely only continue to seek to achieve AI consciousness.
Classmate post 2:
Humans are continually surprised and inspired by technological advancements since they make our daily life easier. Yes, it makes life simpler and more smooth. Humans are aware that our capacity for r
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.