How to Approach Case Studies
A. Background – Describe the situation and the significant individuals
B. Discussion – Explain critical issues and possible solutions
C. Leadership Intervention & Recommendations
The first key component of leadership case study format is the summary description of a particular case. You are required to develop and demonstrate your critical thinking skills regarding knowledge and comprehension.
1. Key players
a. Name, role, responsibilities, structural relationships
b. Communication, reporting, decision making, workflow, management system, etc
a. Sequence of events in the case
a. Globe, nation-state
b. Industry, mission, vision, values
These are the key questions to consider when you examine the case.
1. Who are the key players in the case?
2. What are the roles and responsibilities of each key player?
3. How do the key players relate to each other?
4. What are the important events in the case description?
5. What is the sequential relationship among the important events?
6. What are the important circumstances that form the setting for the case? For example, you will look at circumstances that relate to such factors as: political, economic, cultural environment of the world and nation-state, trends in a specific industry, mission, values and vision of the organization in the case.
Rubric for Discussion
Student describes the background mainly by quoting information from the case description. Some aspects are incorrect or confused.
Student describes the background mainly in his/her own words, and explores relevant information and assumptions although in a limited way. Most aspects are accurate.
Student summarizes relevant background information accurately and interprets the information with consideration of assumptions and their implications. This may include additional research and identification of potential biases.
Discussion (Apply, Analyze/Evaluate) 40%
The second key component to the leadership case study format is the discussion. Students are expected to develop and demonstrate critical thinking skills regarding application, analysis, and evaluation.
1. Identify at least 3 critical issues
2. Take different perspectives from different analytical frameworks and from the key players in the case study.
What is an analytical framework? It is a structured way to explain your analysis and to show your thinking systematically.
i. e.g. take perspectives based on theories you have learned OR take perspectives from a world view (common thought).
ii. Write about the perspectives of the people involved in the case
3. Prioritize the critical issues in accordance to the organization’s goals.
A critical issue is a problem that exists in a case description that needs the leader’s attention and possible intervention.
To identify the keThe Interventions of Disabled person
Discussion & Analysis-Michael
Leadership Interventions & Implementation- Eric
Conclusion – Eric
•Disabled as a special group
•Paul- Crohn’s disease
•Describe the content, characters and details of the case, providing some relevant context
•Questions discuss details, critically look at key issues from all perspectives,
•What is the real problem to solve.
Come up with an action plan and come up with a solution.
1.Staff Accountant for 14 years
2.A certified Management Accountant
3.Responsible for external financial reporting
The external financial report:
•An accounting statement that is regularly provided and released by investors and government departments responsible for outside the enterprise to understand the business status, operating results and cash flow needs of the enterprise.
•Paul’s contribution to the company is enormous, not only because of his long tenure, but also because of his deep knowledge of what’s going on inside the company.
•He understands every detail of cost and budget.
•His relationship with other employees is good.
•He is involved in special projects.
•He followed up on the case.
•He is a key member of the team.
•He is the only expert with more information on key financials.
Sequence of events in the case
•Paul was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease four years ago.
•The etiology of Crohn‘s disease is unknown, and it may be related to infection, cellular immunity, etc. However, this disease is sudden and cannot be cured. Sometimes it doesn’t show any symptoms but comes on suddenly. Even when the pressure is too high, it will make the condition worse and worse. Nowadays, there is no special treatment method in medicine, so only drug control can be used to relieve symptoms (Crohn’s disease, n.d.).
•People like to support inclusive businesses (Hire persons with disabilities, n.d.).
1.Software and mobile devices that help get work done.
4.Other items and support (ODSP, 2022).
Sequence of events in the case
•At first Nicolas assigned Paul a computer and agreed to go home and work when he wasn’t feeling well.
•For the first few months, Paul didn’t work from home every day because of the disease, and only went home to continue working when he was very uncomfortable.
•After five months, it was clear that Paul’s condition was in remission.
•Over the next 18 months Paul was at the office 85 percent of the time. Apparently Paul’s condition appears to be stable.
•After another seven months, Paul’s condition suddenly relapsed. This time it was obviously more serious than before, because of Paul’s frequent late reports and absences.
•After another four months, Nicolas was transferred to the Toronto headquarters for development. As a director, Nicolas wi
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.