CLB 475 – Seminar
Each student will describe the research design that will be used for their proposed research
The methodology should be divided into the following sections:
1. Design – Describe the type of experimental design that will be used for the study
2. Variables – Describe the independent variable and dependent variable/s
3. Participants – Describe the participants that you will recruit for this study
a. Inclusion criteria
b. Exclusion criteria
a. What are the characteristics of the control group?
b. Will the control group receive any treatment (any variables manipulated)?
c. Are there any ethical issues with the control group, and if yes, how will these be
a. Describe the sampling methods that will be used to select participants (e.g.,
random, stratified random, systematic random, cluster)
b. How large will your sample size be (number in experimental group and number in
6. Validity and Reliability
a. How will validity be ensured?
b. How will reliability be ensured?
7. Data Collection Technique – Describe the technique that will be used to obtain and
collect the data
a. What technique will be used?
b. When and how will the data collection instrument be administered?
8. Research Ethics – Describe the informed consent form that will be provided to each
a. How will you ensure that participation is completely voluntary (voluntary, refusal
to participate, withdrawal from study)?
b. Are you providing any rewards to the participants?
c. Does participation pose any risks to participants?
d. How will you ensure confidentiality of the data?
CLB 475 – Seminar
The methodology should be 1 to 2 pages in length. It should be formatted in Times New Roman
font, size 12, 1-inch margins, and double-spaced. All pages, except the cover page, should be
numbered. Proper grammar and spelling are required.
Rubric for Assessment of Methodology:
1. Design – 1 point
2. Variables – 2 points
3. Participants – 2 point
4. Controls – 1 point
5. Sampling – 1 point
6. Validity and Reliability – 1 point
7. Data Collection Technique – 1 point
8. Research ethics – 1 point
Running head: INFORMED CONSENT
INFORMED CONSENT 5
Informed Consent Form
Date of Submission
Informed Consent Form
My name is _________________ and I am a _________________ student at _________________. I am requesting your participation in a research study entitled “Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS) Students’ Perceived Preparedness for Future Career Goals.” The purpose of this study is to investigate CLS students’ confidence in the CLS program curriculum to fully prepare them for their desired career path, either within the CLS field or another related healthcare field in the future.
Participation in this research study is completely voluntary and is not a requirement of the program. If you volunteer to participate in this study, you will be requested to do the following:
1. Complete a short demographic questionnaire that includes questions such as your age and educational history. The questionnaire will take 10 minutes of your time.
2. Complete a survey that includes questions about your immediate and long-term career goals including your intention to work in the CLS field after graduation or to pursue another career path within the healthcare arena. There will also be questions about each course in the CLS curriculum and your opinion of its effectiveness in preparing you for your future goals. The survey will take 30 to 45 minutes of your time.
Participants of this study will be recruited from among enrolled juniors and seniors of the CLS program at _________________. You will earn 5% extra credit for every 60 minutes that you participate in this study which can be applied to one of your CLS courses being taken during the current semester. There is no monetary compensation for participation in this research study.
Refusal to Participate
If you do not wish to participate, you will not be penalized and you will not be treated differently from students who participate. You will not lose any other benefits beside the extra credit granted to participants.
Withdrawal from the Study
There is no penalty for withdrawal from the study. You will still receive the extra credit granted to participants who complete the study. There will be no penalty to you if you agree to participate but withdraw your participation before the start of the study.
This study poses minimal or no risk to the participant. There is the potential for emotional discomfort while recalling or describing courses that may not have met the student’s expectations of preparedness. There is also the potential for participants to experience fear or anxiety that opinions about specific courses will be discovered by program faculty/administrators and lead to victimization. If any question causes you discomfort, you are not obligated to provide an answer. You may stop taking the survey at any time and withdraw from the study.
All information provided will be kep
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.