Paper 2: ACCT 326 Accounting Information Systems Site Visit
1. Familiarize the student with real world application of accounting information systems
2. Allow student to interact with business professionals (experiential learning)
3. Document accounting information systems
Identify a service, manufacturing or retail company that interests you or where you have a connection. Identify the size of the company or if it is private or publicly traded. Contact a person in the leadership (CEO, president, partner, general manager, controller, etc.) of the company (does not have to be an accountant) and request a meeting to discuss the company’s accounting information system. Your objective, similar to an auditor’s objective, is to learn about the company’s accounting information system. Assure the company leader that you do not want them to share any confidential information about the company by completing the non-disclosure agreement available in D2L.
For example: the store manager at your local Lowes Home Improvement Center or the partner of a local CPA firm.
Please read the paper guidelines document in D2L for additional details.
The following subheadings (bold ¢ered with no underline) are required in your five page paper:
Name, titles and contact information (e-mail & phone number of the individual(s) you met with and a picture as appendix to your paper with the individual(s) you met in front of a company logo (if possible).
A brief description of the company as well as the location details as follows:
1. Provide a brief overview of the company and their primary business- (e.g. Lowes is in the home improvement business, operates in XX states and XX countries worldwide and is headquartered in YY city established in 19XX.)
2. Discuss the overall company size (sales & employees), location (sales & employees), operating structure (decentralized or centralized) (e.g. Lowes has centralized administration and decentralized management control. The company is structured in 4 regions West, East, Midwest and Southwest with Vice Presidents of store management over each region).
*Depending on the company/firm, a tour prior to your discussion may be helpful.
Accounting Information Systems-
The focus of this section is the technical part of the company’s accounting information system.
1. What software does the company employ?
2. When was it installed (if known)?
3. What accounting system is the company using?
a. This could be an enterprise resource planning system (e.g. SAP®, Oracle®), Quickbooks®, Peachtree®, an excel® spreadsheet, green ledger paper, a spiral notebook or any other system that the company uses to maintain their accounting records
4. Challenges with current system
5. What the controls for adding employees, items, general ledger accounts?
6. Where is t
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.