J.R. is a nurse practitioner who serves an urban Chinese community. The challenges she faces daily include coordinating health care for the community members, fostering compliance with treatment regimens, and teaching the community about health prevention and early detection of diseases and conditions.
J.R. has learned that one of the main reasons the community members do not adhere to their treatment regimens is because of mistrust of Western medicine. Many of the patients are older adults who rely on homeopathic treatments they learned in China as children. These patients prefer to take Chinese herbs in lieu of prescription medications. Additionally, these patients do not like to attend health screenings or take part in immunization clinics because they do not believe these measures are beneficial to their health.
Questions for the case
What type of prevention J.R. is trying to achieve when she encourages her patient population to attend the blood pressure screening events?
Please elaborate your answer; compare prevention types, give examples and share similar challenges you might have faced during your practice.
Once you received your case number; answer the specific question on the table above. Then, continue to discuss the 3 topics listed below for your case:
Identify the different roles and responsibilities of the nurse.
Please discuss the challenges you anticipate facing when fulfilling the various roles of a nurse practitioner. How would you work to improve your weaknesses? Identify your strengths.
Which patient population is most likely to experience health disparities and why?
Your initial post should be at least 550 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 3 academic sources.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.