On January 10 December 2021, 100 students attend a legal rave in Mumbai. While having fun, but unbeknownst to them, 10 of the participants had just been exposed (and cannot transmit yet) to COVID-19, while other 10 are already infectious (and can transmit further). The infection starts to spread in the City according to the following model
We here assume equal birth and death rates, and the parameter values N = 250, 000, a = 1/14, β = 8 and γ = TR/TC and m = TD/TC (in the notations from the below Table).
Total Cases (TC)
Total Deaths (TD)
Total Recovered (TR)
Active Cases (AC)
Serious Critical (SC)
Table : Coronavirus information
· Solve the problem numerically (you may use a built-in routine) and discuss the dynamics of the population compartments (S, E, I, R) if the conditions stay the same.
· Estimate in how many days will the 30 beds available in the (ICU) at the Hospital be filled. Discuss the emergency budget required to order extra beds at £200k/unit, to accommodate all ICU patients at the peak.
· Discuss some actions for “flattening the curve” and model their impact.
Hint. Relate to the model parameters and discuss the role played by R0.
· Formulate and discuss (briefly) two extensions of the model, which consider other realistic features (vaccination, mutations of the virus (delta, omicron), reinfection, etc). Hint. The evaluation checks the model description, equations, simulations, analysis.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.