see the attachment
1. Sketch the MO diagram for NO- ion. Explain everything
a. What is the bond order?
b. Will the bond length be longer or shorter than in NO?
c. How many unpaired electrons does the NO- ion have?
d. Will those electrons be concentrated on the N or the O?
2. Consider the hypothetical compound dioxygen superoxide (superdioxide???), O2+O2-. What is the electronic structure of each ion?
Which one has a longer bond length?
What is the bond order for each?
Does either ion have any unpaired electrons, and if so, how many?
Does O2 show any s-p hybridization?
The way to start this is to draw the MO of the diatomic O2 molecule. Then modify it for charge. For the tetraatomic molecule, don’t try to mix the cation/anion MO’s (you could…but don’t). Just consider it as you would an ionic salt. Please explain everything
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.