500 word min each….2 references for each.
1. After reading the attached article please discuss the Threat Assessment (2011) promulgated by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the role that Organized Crime Groups and Narco-Traffickers are perpetuating narcotics abuse and addiction.
2. In conducting additional research outside of this week’s readings, select a specific area, town, city, or state within the U.S. that is experiencing a drug problem and critique the steps they are taking to combat the problem.
THE GLOBAL AFGHAN OPIUM TRADE
A Threat Assessment
THE GLOBAL AFGHAN OPIUM TRADE
A Threat Assessment, 2011
UNITED NATIONS OFFICE ON DRUGS AND CRIME
Copyright © United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), July 2011
Sales No.: E.11.XI.11
This report was prepared by UNODC Studies and Threat Analysis Section (STAS), Division for Policy
Analysis and Public Affairs (DPA), in the framework of UNODC Trends Monitoring and Analysis Pro-
gramme/Afghan Opiate Trade Project, with the collaboration of the UNODC Country Office in Afghanistan
and the UNODC Regional Office for Central Asia. UNODC field offices for East Asia and the Pacific, the
Middle East and North Africa, Pakistan, Islamic Republic of Iran, the Russian Federation, Southern Africa,
Nigeria, South Asia and South Eastern Europe also provided feedback and support.
UNODC is grateful to the national and international institutions which shared their knowledge and data
with the report team, including, in particular, the World Customs Organization, the Anti Narcotics Force of
Pakistan, the Afghan Border Police, the Counter Narcotics Police of Afghanistan, Turkish National Police
Department of Anti-Smuggling and Organized Crime, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Customs and Trade,
the United States Drug Enforcement Administration, Drug Control Headquarters of the Islamic Republic of
Iran, Central Asian Regional Information and Coordination Centre, Narcotics Bureau of Hong Kong, China,
National Narcotics Control Commission of China, and the Governments of Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herze-
govina, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany, India, Nepal, Nigeria, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia,
Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Ukraine and Viet
Thanks also go to the staff of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan and the United Nations
Department of Safety and Security, Afghanistan.
Research and report preparation:
Hakan Demirbüken (Programme management officer, Afghan Opiate Trade Project, STAS)
Hayder Mili (Afghan Opiate Trade Project, STAS)
Renée Le Cussan (Consultant)
Deniz Mermerci (STAS)
Odil Kurbanov (UNODC Regional Office for Central Asia)
Rakhima Mansurova (UNODC Regional Office for Central Asia)
Desktop publishing and mapping support:
Suzanne Kunnen (STAS)
Kristina Kuttnig (STAS)
Thibault Le Pichon (Chief, STAS), Sandeep Chawla (Director, DPA)
The preparation of this report benefited from the financial contributions of the United States of America,
Germany and Turkey.
This report has not been formally edited. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of UNODC or contributory organizations and neither do they imply any endorsement. The
designations employed and the presentation of material in this public
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.