Need help with a history assignment
Movie Paper Assignment Information
Students will complete a “Movie Reaction Essay” during the semester. For the paper, the student will:
View a movie from the list distributed by the instructor in D2L depicting events during the scope of the course, then write a 4-5 page paper analyzing the movie as history by addressing the following points:
1. Briefly describe the plot of the movie in 2-2½ pages;
2. Determine whether the movie portrayed the events depicted accurately or not, making sure to give examples of which parts of the movie were accurate and which parts of the movie were not accurate (there are many sites on the Internet that review the historical accuracy of movies, so consult one or more of them for this section of the paper);
3. Determine if and where the director of the movie took “poetic license” with the facts to make the movie more interesting or exciting;
4. Brainstorm where you think the authors/director of the movie obtained the information on which the movie is based; and
5. Explain how you think the movie can be used to teach or enhance the learning of history.
For the assignment, prepare a paper that is well-written and answers all parts of the assignment. A cover page is needed; put your name, cite the movie viewed, including the title of the movie, the director, and the year of release on the cover page and in the Works Cited page. You should have at least one (1) in-text citation of a reference or references for any works you consulted writing the paper. You should have a “Works Cited” page (a separate page) with at least one reference other than the citation for the movie from which you obtained your information. Make sure the margins are 1” all around and that you include page numbers. The student will be allowed to resubmit the paper once for a better grade.
Upload the paper to Dropbox in D2L. Submission deadline for the paper is April 15, 2022.
Once the professor posts the list of approved movies on D2L, students may propose other full length movies depicting events or people who lived during the time period for the assignment, but the proposal must be made at least 2 weeks before the due date to give the instructor the opportunity to view the movie to determine whether or not the movie may be used for the assignment.
Movie choices for History 202 Movie Paper
“Good Morning, Vietnam” (1987)
“All Quiet on the Western Front” (1930)
“The Grapes of Wrath” (1940)
“Tora, Tora, Tora” (1970)
“Schindler’s List” (1993)
“Saving Private Ryan” (1998)
“The Longest Day” (1962)
“Pearl Harbor” (2001)
“Judgment at Nuremburg” (1961)
“Letters from Iwo Jima” (2006)
“Thirteen Days” (2000)
“All the President’s Men” (1976)
“Hidden Figures” (2016)
“We Were Soldiers” (2002)
“The Big Short” (2015)
“Midnight in Paris” (2011)
“Apollo 13” (1995)
“To Kill a Mockingbird” (1962)
“The Great Debaters” (2007)
“Born on the 4th of July” (1989)
“Mississippi Burning” (1988)
“The Right Stuff” (1983)
“Quiz Show” (1994)
“Gangs of New York” (2002)
“How the West Was Won” (1962)
“The Color Purple” (1985)
Excellent – 20 points
Proficient – 15 points
Needs Work – 10 points
Missing – 0
Opening and thesis are appropriate to topic. Conclusion ties to thesis. Topic sentences introduce paragraph content clearly. Paragraphs transition smoothly.
Opening and thesis are appropriate to topic, but may be unclear or unoriginal. Conclusion may not directly tie to thesis. Topic sentences may be vague and may not introduce paragraph content clearly. Paragraphs may not transition smoothly.
Opening and thesis are unclear or unoriginal. Conclusion does not directly tie to thesis or is missing. Topic sentences are vague and do not introduce paragraph content clearly. Paragraphs do not transition smoothly.
Submission contained no opening, thesis or paragraph organization.
All assignments requirements were addressed. No factual inaccuracies exist. Submission contains supporting examples from all research.
Most assignments requirements were addressed. Some factual inaccuracies exist. Submission contains supporting examples from some, but not all, research.
Most assignments requirements were not addressed. Many factual inaccuracies exist. Submission contains few supporting examples from research
The assignment requirements were not addressed. Many factual errors exist. Conclusions were not supported from research.
Quotations and/or examples are used from at least 3 sources and support conclusions.
Quotations and/or examples are used from at least 2 sources and support conclusions.
Quotations and/or examples are used from at least 1 source and support conclusions.
No quotations and/or examples are used from sources. Conclusions are unsupported.
Submission contains less than 3 grammar errors.
Submission contains 3-5 grammar errors.
Submission contains 5-7 grammar errors.
Submission contains more than 7 grammar errors.
A minimum of 3 credible, authored sources are used and cited in a Works Cited Page which includes a short biography of the author.
A minimum of 2 credible, authored sources are used and cited in a Works Cited Page which includes a short biography of the author.
A minimum of 1 credible, authored source is used and cited in a Works Cited Page which includes a short biography of the author.
No credible, authored sources are used or cited. No author biographies are included.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.