due in 24 hours
Critical Thinking Questions – Chapter 1 – Sociology and the Study of Social Problems
Critical Thinking Questions
Please answer the following questions below.
Please type three paragraphs for each question. Five to eight sentences will compose a paragraph.
Please do not combine your paragraphs.
Please submit your own work. Please do not copy from your classmate.
Please submit your assignment through the text entry box. Email and Download assignments will not be accepted or graded.
1. How does the sociological imagination help us understand social problems?
2. Apply your sociological imagination to the problem of the increasing cost of college. Is this a personal problem only for students who can’t afford tuition? Or is the increasing cost of tuition a public issue.
Chapter 1 Additional Video and Multimedia Resources
Video 1: Young, Single, and Homeless (Links to an external site.)
Description: A short BBC clip about rising homelessness.
Video 2: How to Solve a Social Problem (Links to an external site.)
Description: Rosanne Haggerty discusses strategies for tackling social problems.
Audio 1: A Generation’s Changing American Dream (Links to an external site.)
Description: This clip explores the changing economic landscape and the ways that recession hit millennials are redefining their goals and overcoming challenges.
Article 1: Great Society 2.0 (Links to an external site.)
Description: A Chicago-based project explores new potentials for eliminating poverty.
You can say you agreed with the company, how they did things, or you can disagree and critique the company. Remember, talk business, because this is a business class. Use the theories in the chapter, talk about the theories. Must be high-quality responses.
Motivation to me can go several different ways. A personal basis is to apply oneself in everything that comes your way and be the best you can be, stay focused, and strive forward. Don’t let anything stop you from reaching your goals. Motivation involves biological, emotional, social, and cognitive forces that activate behavior. Now let me switch gears.
Business Motivation is how businesses encourage managers and employees to give their best. There are three types of Motivation: Extrinsic, Intrinsic, and Family. Extrinsic is giving praise, getting pay raises and promotions, and doing an activity to attain or avoid a particular outcome. Intrinsic is a sense of achievement and pride in your performance. An internal drive for success or a sense of purpose. Family, this one hit home for me. The desire to provide for my family and get the praise that I have done for them.
My current employer is big on extrinsic rewards. He follows Herzberg’s theory, mostly. He uses recognition, responsibility, and growth and advancement as motivation for all employees. I am in agreement with this method because I work best when my work is recognized and appreciated. I have come a long way in my career, since I first started. He has provided me with opportunities of advancement twice, and I can tell that has motivated me to be more successful and hard-working. In comparison to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, the social, safety, and physiological needs are not used as motivators. Herzberg’s theory says that these factors may cause dissatisfaction, but they are unlikely to show any motivational effect. I can see both viewpoints, though. I understand how coworkers, lack of job security and pay raises can make it hard for people to feel motivated to be successful. Sometimes, those needs to need to be met for certain employees. I do feel as if he lacks the Equity Theory to an extent. There are times that I feel as if things are not equal in the work place. I am in the same position as another coworker, yet I do not get paid as much or receive the same amount of credit for certain tasks. Sometimes, I feel as though I do more, successfully, and that goes unrecognized. I disagree with that, but it does not stop me from working hard. All in all, my boss uses many different theories in our work environment, but Herzberg’s is the one I agree with, and appreciate, most.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.