Ethics In Criminal Justice Policy Making
Chapter 9 in your text details a number of ethical considerations in criminal justice policy making. From the chapter, choose one of the following issues: public opinion about punishment, mandatory minimum sentencing, the “War on Drugs,” truth in sentencing, or sexual predators. Create at least three moral guidelines for the creation of effective criminal justice policies to address your chosen issue.
Guided Response: What is a moral guideline? Whenever you present an analysis, it is always a great idea to define your major terms in your presentations. Begin the discussion with a working definition of a moral guideline, and if necessary, explain that term in light of criminal justice issues. Remember, all policies need to focus on maximum effectiveness for the actions sought.
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu
Chapter 9: The Ethics of Criminal Justice Policy Making
Chapter 11: Media Ethics and Criminal Justice
Chapter 16: A Sense of Justice
Blumenson, E. (2007). Killing in good conscience: What’s wrong with Sunstein and Vermeule’s lesser evil argument for capital punishment and other human rights violations? New Criminal Law Review: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal, 10(2), 210-238. doi:10.1525/nclr.2007.10.2.210
The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This article identifies problems within ethics arguments regarding the death penalty. It will assist you in responding to this week’s discussion, “Ethics, Logic, and Capital Punishment.”
Harris, D. (2011, February 26). How social media is pushing the limits of legal ethics (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://gigaom.com/2011/02/26/how-social-media-is-pushing-the-limits-of-legal-ethics/
This article explores how social media affects legal ethical issues. This article will assist you in completing this week’s assignment, “Ethics, Media, and Capital Punishment.”
Hicks, W. (2015). CRJ524 professional resources list Download CRJ524 professional resources list. Retrieved from https://bridgepoint.equella.ecollege.com/curriculum/file/78ce1060-b8b0-4666-8a12-ecc460da8d1b/1/CRJ524_Professional Resources List.docx
This document provides additional resources in the form of articles, multimedia, and websites that may be helpful in the development of your learning in the field of criminal justice. This source may assist you in your weekly discussions.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.