should be a minimum of two paragraphs and should be between 200 and 250 words. The font is Times New Roman, font size should be 12, and the paragraphs are single-spaced. There should be a minimum of one reference supporting your observations. Citations are to follow APA 7.0.
Please refer to the discussion forum rubric on the course information tab for this assignment.
2. Initial discussion board posts are due by Wednesday 03/23/2022) at 11:59 pm (EST) and responses to two of your classmates are due by Sunday (03/27/2022) at 11:59 pm (EST).
3. Each week to earn full points on the discussion forums, make sure to include outside sources to support your discussion.
4. All work is to be original.
International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development (IJTSRD)
Volume 4 Issue 4, June 2020 Available Online: www.ijtsrd.com e-ISSN: 2456 – 6470
@ IJTSRD | Unique Paper ID – IJTSRD31368 | Volume – 4 | Issue – 4 | May-June 2020 Page 1333
Overview of Data Mining
Department of Computer Science Engineering, Dronacharya College of Engineering, Gurugram, Haryana, India
Data mining is the process of discovering patterns in large data sets involving
methods at the intersection of machine learning, statistics, and database
systems. Data mining is an interdisciplinary sub field of computer science
and statistics with an overall goal to extract from a data set and transform the
information into a comprehensible structure for further use. The
process of digging through data to discover hidden connections and predict
future trends has a long history. Sometimes referred to as ‘knowledge
discovery’ in databases, the term data mining wasn’t coined until the 1990s.
What was old is new again, as data mining technology keeps evolving to keep
pace with the limitless potential of big data and affordable computing power.
Over the last decade, advances in processing power and speed have enabled us
to move beyond manual, tedious and time-consuming practices to quick, easy
and automated data analysis. The more complex the data sets collected, the
more potential there is to uncover relevant insights.
KEYWORDS: database, data mining, techniques
How to cite this paper: Rupashi Koul
“Overview of Data Mining” Published in
of Trend in Scientific
(ijtsrd), ISSN: 2456-
6470, Volume-4 |
Issue-4, June 2020,
Copyright © 2020 by author(s) and
International Journal of Trend in Scientific
Research and Development Journal. This
is an Open Access article distributed
under the terms of
License (CC BY 4.0)
The manual extraction of patterns from data has occurred
for centuries. Early methods of identifying patterns in data
include Bayes’ theorem (1700s) and regression analysis
(1800s). The proliferation, ubiquity and increasing power of
computer technology have dramatically increased data
collection, storage, and manipulation ability. As data sets
have grown in size and complexity, direct data analysis has
increasingly been augmented with indirect, automated data
processing, aided by other discoveries in computer science,
specially in the field of machine learning, such as neural
networks, cluster analysis, genetic algorithms (1950s),
decision trees and decision rules (1960s), and support
vector machines (1990s). Data mining is the process of
applying these methods with the intentio
When working with data, the file type is as important as how we data mine the information. In the article “Overview of Data Mining”, the author discusses multiple types of data mining. When you are asked to data-mine sale data sets, which data mining would work best for the process?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.