The topic I chose to write on is Ethics and Law: Ethical conflicts, ethical implications, and ethical principles relevance to laws.
Ethics can be explained as moral principles the affect the way someone behaves or conduct themselves. It is ability to know the different between right and wrong. Law is defined as a system or a guide in which an organization is ruled. It is a conduct that is established by the organization.
Ethics and laws in organization are created to enforce discipline in the organization. It is important for organizations to have rules and regulations governing them.
Ethical conflicts are instances when an individuals is confronted with collision of their beliefs and what is the right thing to do. Sometimes healthcare workers are torn in between doing what ethically right to do, and the clash of the patients beliefs and customs. sometimes these beliefs may be religious or just patients feelings. For instance I saw a news story that happened in Nigeria in 2020 of a little boy was suffering from a disease called hydrocephalus and might need blood transfusion His parents did not refuse medical care for him but they refused blood transfusion because it is against their religious believe as Jehovah witnesses. This here is a serious case of ethical conflicts because the healthcare work are tore in between doing their jobs which is to save lives and to go against the parents beliefs.
The ethical implications of the above example is the healthcare workers must find a balance while delivering care to the boy. Healthcare workers are advocates for patients. Also people have the rights to make there decisions based on their belief, values and religion. The question I ask here is who should make decision for the little boy the parents or the healthcare workers?
Ethical principles and the relevance to laws
Persons are treated in an ethical manner not only by respecting their decisions and protecting them from harm, but also by making efforts to secure their well-being. The term “beneficence” is often understood to cover acts of kindness or charity that go beyond strict obligation (NKU 2017).
Working in geriatric care for over the years I have seen cases that amaze me. Some patients have on there chart (DNR) meaning do not resuscitate and the healthcare workers must respect the wishes of the patients and not to resuscitate them even in the situation in which they are just choking. I was told that trying to resuscitate a (DNR) patient would lead to serious lawsuit. As health workers it is important to work n accordance to the laws of the organizations, follow all rules stipulated read patients chart very well before treating them. Some patients have beliefs, values and customs that need to be followed irrespective of the ailment. If a patient female patients says she cannot be treated by a male it is important to respect that. Health care workers cannot impose their beliefs on patients they are required to follow protocols. A sit
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.