Professional Role Transition
Critical Thinking Clinical Activity Rubric
Instructor has the right to assign 0 points for any category that is not addressed at all.
Criteria for Assessment
· Reason for visit or hospitalization
· Social history
Includes all criteria
Missing or incomplete data for one criterion
Missing or incomplete data for two or more criteria
· Patient-provided data:
· Statements or questions
· Complaints or concerns
Complete; includes all pertinent subjective information
Partial summary of pertinent subjective information
Poorly organized and/or limited summary of pertinent subjective information
· Physical assessment data
· Interval test data
· Lab or blood work data
· Other objective data
· Current orders, including medications
Complete; includes well-organized summary of pertinent objective data
Includes a mostly complete summary of pertinent objective data; may be missing one data point and/or may be lacking in organization
Poorly organized and/or limited summary of pertinent objective data
· Interprets information from previous S and O sections:
· Primary Medical diagnosis and three nursing diagnoses
· Nursing diagnoses are prioritized
· Treatment goals for each nursing diagnosis are identified
· Accurately interprets information from S and O sections
· Lists four nursing diagnoses with appropriate prioritization
· Identifies appropriate treatment goals for each nursing diagnosis
· Interprets most information from S and O sections accurately; generates a mostly complete list of nursing diagnoses; most are appropriately prioritized
· Identifies appropriate treatment goals for most nursing diagnoses
· Does not accurately interpret information from S and O sections; incomplete list of nursing diagnoses; is not prioritized appropriately
· May not identify appropriate goals for problems/diagnoses
· Summarizes nursing treatment plan
· Prioritizes nursing interventions and provides explanation for priority order
· Summarizes overall nursing treatment plan clearly and concisely
· Prioritizes specific interventions and explains priority order
· Includes a complete list of all pertinent interventions with all relevant information, including complete medication information, if applicable
· Summarizes overall treatment plan
· Lists interventions but may not accurately prioritize or explain priority order
· Lists interventions but may be missing 1 or 2 pertinent ones; may not include complete medication information
· Incomplete summary of treatment plan
· Incomplete list of interventions; lack of prioritization or explanation of priority order
· Missing 3 or more pertinent interventions
Identifies patient needs and p
Professional Role Transition
Revised Critical Thinking Clinical Activity
The Critical Thinking Clinical Activity allows the Role Transition student to present a clinical case utilizing the nursing process to their clinical faculty and peers. The student will incorporate particular categories/subcategories from the NCLEX-RN test plan, as well as emphasize target interventions. The student will provide a written reflection on their experiences in clinical relating to their transition to practice.
Select one patient on which to complete the Critical Thinking Clinical Activity. You will present to your clinical group and individual faculty via prearranged Zoom meeting. The clinical faculty will assess student work and provide feedback. See separate grading rubric for this activity.
1. Complete information on your patient to provide your classmates and faculty with some context.
a. Background: age, sex, ethnicity, allergies, significant med/surg history
b. Reason for visit or hospitalization
c. Social history
2. Utilize the SOAP format to critically think through the nursing process related to the top priorities you have identified for this patient. Be sure that the content in the assessment and plan sections correspond to the information in the subjective and objective sections.
a. SUBJECTIVE is only what the patient tells you (statements or questions; complaints or concerns)
b. OBJECTIVE includes physical assessment data, interval test data, lab or blood work, other objective data, current orders, current medications
c. ASSESSMENT includes the interpretation of information in the previous two sections. This is your “summary” which includes medical/nursing diagnoses. Prioritize your patient’s problems or diagnoses. Clearly identify nursing priorities. Identify treatment goals for each problem or diagnosis.
d. PLAN includes the interventions which were/are/will be implemented. Be sure and establish priorities for the interventions. (You may notate them as #1, #2, #3, etc.). Provide a brief explanation as to why you have prioritized them this way.
e. Identify the following patient needs and provide specific information about each need:
i. Case management or discharge planning
ii. Patient education
iii. Psychosocial, spiritual, and/or family support
3. Complete the reflection at the end. (This is just for the clinical instructor and is not presented to the group during oral presentation.)
4. Students will present their SOAP activity (#1-2 above) orally to fellow clinical students and clinical faculty instructor. This is a graded activity, and successful completion is a requirement of Role Transition clinical.
NUR 4642: Professional Role Transition
Critical Thinking Clinical Activity
(Refer to instructions and grading rubric when completing this activity.)
Date of care:
Reason for visit or hospitalization:
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.