Discussion 1 needs response and reference
How has health technology contributed to longevity?
Health technology has supported longevity since there was a development of analysis tools for blood testing, scanning, imaging treatment for surgery, cardiac care, and organ transplants and pharmaceuticals producing vaccines, antibiotics all this to shoulder the average life expectancy higher.
What are the economic, sociological, psychological, and healthcare implications of an aging population that could live indefinitely?
· The Economic implication of an aging population that could live indefinitely is the decrease in the workforce reduces social security contributions, increase spending in healthcare, and poor supervision workforce.
· The sociological implication is the age connection that has to do with the retirement of employment, living position after retirement.
· The psychological implication on the aging population that could live forever is ageism and discrimination, also grief and loss can be affected.
· The healthcare implication is that there will be a shortage of health care professionals and form of stability from federal programs in connection to the increased aging population are worrisome
What is the cautionary tale about technology and aging that is told by Vonnegut’s short story, “The Big Trip Up Yonder?”
The cautionary tale about technology and aging that Vonnegut’s short story is that they did not pay attention to the impact of aging in society.
How long do you think we should live? Should we live indefinitely, or should there be limits? Justify your response.
When it comes to how long to live no one has found out the limit, but with continuous improvement on medical assistance, to the improvement of the environment clean, safe water and food and the improvement of nutrients. But I think an ideal life span would be long enough to sustain your activity, it would depend on the individual situation, however, many people are capable to live an independent and enjoyable live well into their 90s, so I would estimate between 80-97 years old. I do not think we should live indefinitely because living indefinitely means the earth’s population will skyrocket putting an enormous burden on the finite natural resources and eventually draining the planet. when there are no resources the quality of life will drastically drop.
Rettner, R. (2018, November 6). A longer life may not be in your genes. Live Science.
Vonnegut, K. (2009, October 13). The big trip up yonder. Project Gutenberg.
Passarino, G., De Rango, F., & Montesanto, A. (2016). Human longevity: Genetics or lifestyle? It takes two to tango. Immunity and Ageing, 13(12).
Meskó, B. (2019, October 17). 20 medical technology advances: Medicine in the future – Part 1. The Medical Futu
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.