Glaucoma Case Study
Read the scenario below and answer the questions associated with it. Please provide complete and thoughtful answers using your own words; do not copy and paste information from your references. The rubric is located below the case study and questions; this assignment is worth 10 points.
Y.G. is an 80-year-old female who has been diagnosed with open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. She presents to the ophthalmology clinic for a follow-up appointment. Her medical history is positive for hypertension, depression, arthritis, and atrial fibrillation. She states she has been “doing pretty good, I guess.” She denies any specific complaints except some blurred vision. She self-administers timolol solution 2 gtt q8h.
1. What is open-angle glaucoma?
2. How is open-angle glaucoma different than closed-angle glaucoma?
3. What type of drug is timolol? How does it work?
4. How are these eyedrops administered (be specific)?
5. Is the above dose of timolol appropriate for this patient? Why or why not? (Keep in mind the patient reported she administers 2 gtt q8h. This is not necessarily what was prescribed.)
Describe what open-angle glaucoma is
Does not describe what open-angle glaucoma is
Provides a brief description of open-angle glaucoma but is not detailed and/or does not describe in their own words (obvious copy & paste)
Describes open-angle glaucoma thoroughly using their own words
Describe the difference between open-angle and closed-angle glaucoma
Does not describe the difference between open-angle and closed-angle glaucoma
Provides a brief description of the difference between open-angle and closed-angle glaucoma but is not detailed and/or did not describe in their own words (obvious copy & paste)
Correctly describes the difference between open-angle and closed-angle glaucoma in detail using their own words
Identify what type of drug timolol is and how it works
Does not identify what type of drug timolol is and how it works
Correctly identifies what type of drug timolol but does not identify how it works OR correctly identifies how timolol works but does not identify what type of drug it is OR does not use their own words in answers (obvious copy & paste)
Correctly identifies what type of drug timolol is and how it works; gives complete answers and uses their own words
Describe how eyedrops should be administered
Does not describe how eyedrops should be administered
Provides brief description of how eyedrops should be administered
Correctly describes, in detail, how eyedrops should be administered
Identify whether the dose listed is appropriate for the patient and why it is or is not appropriate
Does not identify whether the dose listed is appropriate for the patient or why it is or is not appropriate
Correctly identifies either whether the dose listed is appropriate for the patient OR wh
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.