Your score on the questionnaire or results, if applicable. If your selected questionnaire doesn’t provide a score, then say so in your discussion and discuss the questionnaire.
Your opinion regarding your score or results based on the feedback in the questionnaire AND on what you learned about that topic in the related chapter. Discuss your results fully and why you think you got the score you got. What does your score say about your performance in that area?
What have you learned in the chapters and module that might change the way you think or act in the future? How will you apply this knowledge in your life?
Chapter 10 Marriage and Intimate Relationships
EXERCISE 10.1 Self-Assessment: Self-Report Jealousy Scale
The following scale lists some situations in which you may have been involved, or in which you could
be involved. Rate them with regard to how you would feel if you were confronted with the situation by
circling a number that corresponds to one of the reactions shown on the right. Do not omit any items.
0 1 2 3 4
Pleased Mildly Upset Very Extremely
Upset Upset Upset
1. Your partner expresses the desire that you both develop
other romantic relationships.
2. Your partner spends increasingly more time at work
with a co-employee you feel could be sexually attractive
to your partner.
3. Your partner suddenly shows an interest in going to
a party when he or she finds out that someone will
be there with whom he or she has been romantically
_.__23. The person who has been your assistant for a number
of years at work decides to take a similar position with
..__24. The group to which you belong appears to be leaving
you out of plans, activities, etc.
…._…….25. Your best friend suddenly shows interest in doing things
with someone else.
Source: Bringle et at. (1979)
4. At a party, your partner hugs someone other than you. Scoring the Scale
5. You notice your partner repeatedly looking at another. Give yourself 4 points for every item where your response was
6. Your partner spends increasingly more time in outside “extremely upset,” 3 points for every item where your response
activities and hobbies in which you are not included, was “very upset,” 2 points for every item where your response was
7. At a party, your partner kisses someone you do not “upset,” 1 point for every item where your response was “mildly
know. upset,” and 0 for every item where your response was “pleased.” In
8. Your boss, with whom you have had a good working other words, add up the numbers you recorded. This total is your
relationship in the past, now seems to be more interested score on the Self-Report Jealousy Scale.
in the work of a co-worker.
9. Your partner goes to a bar several evenings without you.
10. Your partner recently received a promotion, and the new
position requires a great deal of travel, business dinners,
and parties, most of which you are not invited to attend.
,.__11. At a party, your partner dances with someone you do
12. You and a co-worker worked very hard on an extremely
important project. However, your boss gave your co-
worker full credit for it.
13. Someone flirts with your partner.
.,__14. At a party, your partner repeatedly kisses someone you
do not know.
15. Your partner has sexual relations with someone else.
,..__16. Your brother or sister is given more freedom, such as
staying up later, or driving the car.
What the Scale Measures
As its name indicates, this scale meas
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.