Your score on the questionnaire or results, if applicable. If your selected questionnaire doesn’t provide a score, then say so in your discussion and discuss the questionnaire.
Your opinion regarding your score or results based on the feedback in the questionnaire AND on what you learned about that topic in the related chapter. Discuss your results fully and why you think you got the score you got. What does your score say about your performance in that area?
What have you learned in the chapters and module that might change the way you think or act in the future? How will you apply this knowledge in your life?
Chapter 14 Psychological Disorders
EXERCISE 14.1 Self-Assessment: Manifest Anxiety Scale
The statements below inquire about your behavior and emotions. Consider each statement carefully.
Then indicate whether the statement is generally true or false for you. Record your responses (T or F) in
the spaces provided.
1. I do not tire quickly.
2. I believe I am no more nervous than most others.
3. I have very few headaches.
4. I work under a great deal of tension.
5. I frequently notice my hand shakes when I try to do
6. I blush no more often than others.
7. I have diarrhea once a month or more.
8. I worry quite a bit over possible misfortunes.
9. I practically never blush.
jO. I am often afraid that I am going to blush.
___11. My hands and feet are usually warm enough.
12. I sweat very easily even on cool days.
13. Sometimes when embarrassed, I break out in a sweat
that annoys me greatly.
14. I hardly ever notice my heart pounding, and I am sel-
dom short of breath.
15. I feel hungry almost all the time.
16. I am very seldom troubled by constipation.
17. I have a great deal of stomach trouble.
18. I have had periods in which I lost sleep over worry.
19. I am easily embarrassed.
__….20. I am more sensitive than most other people.
21. I frequently find myself worrying about something.
22. I wish I could be as happy as others seem to be.
23. I am usually calm and not easily upset.
24. I feel anxiety about something or someone almost all
25. I am happy most of the time.
26. It makes me nervous to have to wait.
27. Sometimes I become so excited that I find it hard to get
28. I have sometimes felt that difficulties were piling up so
high that I could not overcome them.
29. I must admit that I have at times been worried beyond
reason over something that really did not matter.
___30. I have very few fears compared to my friends.
31. I certainly feel useless at times.
32. I find it hard to keep my mind on a task or job.
___33. I am unusually self-conscious.
34. I am inclined to take things hard.
35. At times I think I am no good at all.
.__..36. I am certainly lacking in self-confidence.
_……._37. I sometimes feel that I am about to go to pieces.
38. I am entirely self-confident.
Scoring the Scale
The scoring key is reproduced below. You should circle each of
your true or false responses that correspond to the keyed responses.
Add up the number of responses you circle, and this total is your
score on the Manifest Anxiety Scale.
1. False 2. False 3. False 4. True
5. True 6. False 7. True 8. True
9. False 10. True 11. False 12. True
13. True 14. False 15. True 16. False
17. True 18. True 19. True 20. True
21. True 22. True 23. False 24. True
25. False 26. True 27. True 28. True
29. True 30. False 31. True 32. True
33. True 34. True 35. True 36. True
37. True 38. False
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.