Assignment #2 INSTRUCTIONS – Business 100
Make sure that you have also downloaded the Assignment #2 Template. You will answer the questions there and submit that file as your assignment.
qUESTION 1: financing
Background Information Needed to Answer Question #1:
Review Shaun’s criteria below to determine the best financing option to expand his business.
I wanted to provide you some guidelines as you determine how we’ll finance our expansion. Please give this careful consideration, as we need to get this right.
1. I estimate we’ll need $150,000 to increase capacity in order to stock the five additional pop-up stands.
2. We’ll need to make sure we have additional funds available to increase our marketing efforts to stimulate demand.
3. Cash flow is going to be tight, so I’d like to
minimize interest payments
4. I’d like to maintain or increase our profit margins.
5. Since I don’t have a lot of experience with big discount retailers, I’d like to
add a thought partner
with experience in this channel.
6. If we’re successful over the next two years, we’ll likely seek additional capital to expand into more stores, so I’d like to do all we can now to
enhance our credibility
7. We need to move on this quickly, so I’d like an answer by the end of the week.
As we have learned, there are pros and cons to all financing methods. Which of the three financing methods would be the best fit based on Shaun’s criteria above?
Option 1: Equity
Raise $150,000 from a venture capital firm in exchange for 30% of the company.
Option 2: Debt
Secure a loan of $150,000 at a 10% annual interest rate, to be repaid over 7 years.
Option 3: Debt + Self-Financing
Secure a loan of $100,000 at a 7% annual interest rate, to be repaid over 7 years, and self-finance the remaining $50,000.
Go to the Assignment #2 Template and complete Question 1.
QUESTION 2: accounting cycle
Background information needed to answer Question #2:
A junior accountant is working to get everything in order for the new financing and has come to you with a question about what to do next in the accounting cycle. Read this email from the junior accountant so you can determine what steps of the accounting cycle she has already completed and what the next step is to complete.
As a refresher, here are the 5 Steps to the Accounting Cycle:
Go to the Assignment #2 Template and complete Question 2.
QUESTION 3: FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
Background information needed to answer Question #3:
A potential investor has been identified, but before they are willing to commit, they have requested information about SunsTruck’s
from the junior accountants. You have been charged with reviewing the financial statements (found in the resources) and providing direction to the junior accountant to comply with the request from the potential investor.
Identify the correct financial statement for your junior accountants that will provide
Assignment #2 template – Business 100
Question 1: financing
Based on your analysis of the owner’s wishes (Shaun’s criteria) and the three financing options available, which financing option would be the best option?
· Option 1: Equity.
· Option 2: Debt.
· Option 3: Debt and Self Financing.
Include your answer in your response below and also explain why you selected that type of financing based on Shaun’s criteria and what you know about that financing option.
Question #2: accounting cycle
So, given what the Junior Accountant has done so far, what is the next step for the Junior Accountant to complete in the Accounting Cycle and why?
Question #3: financial statements
After reviewing the 3 Financial Statements, please indicate which financial statement (pick one: income statement, balance sheet, or statement of cash flows) the Junior Accountant should provide the investor in order to show the debt information.
· Income Statement.
· Balance Sheet.
· Statement of Cash Flows.
Explain where on that financial statement you would find the debt information.
Next step: submit your work
1. Save this completed template to your desktop.
· Navigation: Select File at the top, then select Save As > Browse > Desktop, select Save.
2. Log into your class and select Assignment #2 on the left, scroll down and select Submit Your Work, click Browse My Computer, find your file on the desktop, click Open, then click Submit.
3. If you have any issues please email me or call
I will provide you assignment feedback and you can then make any changes you would like and resubmit for grading.
Congrats on completing Assignment #2!
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.