ANSWER DISCUSSION…AT LEAST 2 REFERENTS AND NOT 5 YEARS PASS ..THANK YOU
using formal APA writing convention, using the 7th Edition APA
My clinical topic of interest is ‘Schizophrenia/psychosis and Interventions for Family Caregiver Support.’ I chose this topic since I am pursuing my PMHNP and wanted to focus on a question related to my field of study. I believe it is necessary to learn what kind of support is available to caregivers to help lessen the burden of care. Furthermore, I have witnessed the difficulties that family caregivers face when caring for someone suffering from schizophrenia or psychosis.
In order to design a search strategy, you must first formulate a review question. The PICO model is by far the most extensively utilized model for creating clinical questions, according to Eriksen and Frandsen (2018). My PICOT question is an intervention-type question. I was able to use the guide in Appendix A of our textbook; In _________ (P), how does _________ (I) compared to _________(C) affect _______(O) within _______ (T) (Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt, 2018) to formulate my question. First, I broke up the question and made it fit into the pneumonic PICOT:
P—family caregivers of schizophrenia/psychosis patients
I—educating or informing about schizophrenia/psychosis
C—not educating or informing.
O–reduced caregiver burden.
T— I decided not to include a time frame
‘In caring for individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia/psychosis, how does educating or informing caregivers of available resources compared to not educating or informing influence caregiver burden?’
Databases Utilized for Search:
I used the ‘CINAHL & MEDLINE Combined’ database search engine at the Walden library to find articles related to my topic.
Search Results, Articles Returned, and Changes from use of Boolean Operators
I started by typing in the complete PICOT question, which yielded 48,913 results. I found that when I limited my search to key terms, it returned 188 results. The more detailed the question, the fewer articles that will be retrieved.
Database Strategies to Increase Rigor and Effectiveness
The following Is what I typed into the search engine that yielded fewer results:
schizophrenia OR psychosis
care* OR family*
educate* OR inform*
resources OR support OR programs OR services
burden OR stress OR fatigue OR burnout OR strain
In a search box, you can use OR to link together synonyms or related words, enabling the database to search more thoroughly. The AND operator does two things: it connects distinct notions and it narrows down your search. The * character at the end of a word allows you to search for different versions of the same term; for example, type educate* to search for education, educated, or care* to search for carer, caregiver, caring, and so on (Walden University Library, n.d.).
I had no clue this was the best approach to search for EBP and peer-reviewed publications on a database until I read about these me
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.