please open both pdfs and follow instructions bolded
Watch the video below
and follow rubric which is attached as the other pdf. Each paragraph has instructions on what it needs. Read everything please.
Students will demonstrate the ability to:
• Analyze historical facts and interpretations
• Analyze and compare political, geographic, economic, social, cultural, religious, and intellectual institutions, structures, and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures
• Recognize and articulate the diversity of human experience across a range of historical periods and the complexities of a global culture and society
• Draw on historical perspective to evaluate contemporary problems/issues
• Analyze the contributions of past cultures/societies to the contemporary world
The purpose of this assignment is to help you practice the following skills that are essential for your success in this course, in college, in the field of History, and in your professional life beyond college:
• Analyzing and synthesizing primary documents presented in a stage performance
• Comparing and contrasting experiences and perspectives
• Thinking critically about historical information and the way it is presented
This assignment will also help you to become familiar with the following important content in this discipline:
• The experiences and perspectives of African Americans enduring slavery in the American South
• The experiences and perspectives of white slaveowners and non-slaveowners observing slavery in the American South
Watch the Columbia State Humanities Department’s An Adaptation of Slave Narratives found in Content under American Voices as AV 2. Complete and submit a ten-paragraph written assignment based on this content (and this content alone) addressing each of the three topics below and following the instructions and format for each topic:
1 Compare and contrast the accounts of former slaves appearing in the play:
• Select four slave characters from the play and, in one paragraph each, describe what you learned from each account about the worst aspects of being a slave (Paragraphs one, two, three, and four). Hint: Be intentional about each character you choose to write about with the goal of discovering something specific to each account. Avoid selecting a character for either of the first four paragraphs that does not describe some forms of hardship, suffering, or deprivation – there are two or three of those in the play, but you’ll need one of them for paragraph five
• Select one slave character that does not tell of hardships or suffering because of slavery but, instead, provides a different perspective. Look for a clue in the account that may shed light on this character’s atypical experience and use that clue to explain this character’s story (paragraph five)
2 Compare and contrast the accounts of the white characters that appear in the play:
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.