ples follow through with this post
Professional Journal Article Critique
Total Possible Points – 50
A. Title of the Article (See example below) 5pts
Examples of Articles from an Online Periodical:
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Date of publication). Title of article. Title of Online
Periodical, volume number (issue number if available). Retrieved from
VandenBos, G., Knapp, S., & Doe, J. (2001). Role of reference elements in the selections of resources by psychology undergraduates. Journal of Bibliographic Research, 5
(1). 117-123. Retrieved from http://jbr.org/articles.html
Examples of Articles from an Online Periodical with DOI Assigned
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Date of publication). Title of article. Title of Journal, volume number, page range. doi: 0000000/000000000000 or http://dx.doi.org/10.0000/0000
Brownlie, D. (2007). Toward effective poster presentations: An annotated bibliography. European Journal of Marketing, 41, 1245-1283. doi:10.1108/03090560710821161
Wooldridge, M.B., & Shapka, J. (2012). Playing with technology: Mother-toddler interaction scores lower during play with electronic toys. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 33(5), 211-218. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.appdev.2012.05.005
B. Central Theme of the Article 5pts
Write 2 or 3 sentences giving the overall theme of the article. Think about the article and then narrow the main concepts down to a few sentences. What are the broad themes? What point is the author trying to make overall. This is NOT the place for detail. This is the overall theme.
C. Article Summary (2 to 3 paragraphs) 20pts
Using 2 to 3 paragraphs, summarize the article in your own words. Think about how you would tell someone else about the article if they had not read it. This is the place for detail. In order to summarize, you need to critically analyze the article for classroom purposes and application. Use scientific inquiry questioning when you read the article: Who, what, when, where, why, how to make application?
Information from the article that you use must have in-text APA and end of text references that shows what you borrowed from the article.
Example: (in-text citation APA)
Reading literacy in the content areas is critical to content area subject success (Vacca & Vacca, 2010, p…).
D. Application in the Classroom 10pts
How could you, as an educator, take the information in this article and use it in your academic setting. How would you adapt it? Change the ideas to fit your educational style or philosophies? What did you learn that will impact your instruction in the content area? What MCCR-Social Stu
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.