430 Topic 3 DQ 2 100-150 words
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) are opening the doors to vulnerabilities and threats for organizations. How would you manage the growth of these concepts? Discuss the repercussions BYOD and IoT policies can have on employee wellness.
Reply to responses 75 -100 words.
Bring Your Own Device, or BYOD, and Internet of Things, or IoT, devices have become more and more popular in workplace environments overtime. This is because of how advanced and useful they have become, as well as how dependent coworkers are of their BYOD devices. The only wrong thing about bringing these devices into a work environment is that they bring many threats into the work environment and network. This where the right amount of policies, hardware configurations, and software must be implemented. For instance, a popular way that intruders make their way into corporate networks could be through a virus on a phone or through a malicious app on a BYOD device that then enters the network. Something interesting and useful that I found is to implement containerization within mobile devices. “Containerization is a way to divide each part of a device into its own protected environment, each with a different password, security policies, applications and data…Cyber criminals that breach the general workspace are completely contained within it and cannot laterally move to the other protected environment”(“BYOD security”, 2021). This is the perfect thing for a corporation to put into their arsenal to fight against threats from BYOD an IoT devices. After implementing this, you could get employees to sign and acknowledge a security policy in which states that employees may only use the containerized part of their BYOD and IoT devices when they use them within a certain perimeter around the company they work at. Although, this should not be the only strategy a company should implement. There should be many more combinations like this put in place.
BYOD security: Threats, security measures and best practices. Hysolate. (2021, March 11). Retrieved March 23, 2022, from https://www.hysolate.com/learn/byod/byod-security-threats-security-measures-and-best-practices/
When it comes to an employee bringing their own device to the workplace there are a few things each device should go through before being allowed on the companies network. They should first have to be registered with the IT department and go through a series of test to see what security risk there is on the device if any at all. The employee should be made well aware of things needed to change on device in order to be allowed on the companies network. I think it is important for these devices to be scanned for any type of open ports or vulnerabilities on the device. The BYOD and IoT policies may not always be a good idea due to the fact this is their personal device and they have their own personal things saved on that device. This may beco
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.