430 Topic 2 DQ 1
75 to 100 words
After conducting a vulnerability scan, an organization can identify and remediate the configuration failures in their infrastructure. Once hardened, secured, patched, and in compliance, why is it important to continue conducting vulnerability scans on a periodic basis? Explain what could have changed from previous scans.
Reply to responses 50-75 words
Today’s world is always changing, and it does not hold your hand when these changes are done, the same goes for technology and cyber threats. It is important to understand that these changes can happen overnight and that you must do your best to stay one step ahead of potential threats that are out there. An important key to these changes is the people that make the software that the changes usually come from. Attackers understand that people are the ones that make the changes and with this comes mistakes, now it is time for the attackers to exploit these mistakes. “Cybercriminals only need to find one unpatched flaw in your security armour to leverage a fully-fledged cyber-attack.” (Frizzell, 2021) By utilizing vulnerability scans monthly, you can identify these holes in your applications and patch them before the attackers can use them to their advantage. We as IT professionals need to preserve our networks and applications to ensure that we are not allowing holes so that anyone else can find them.
It is important to test scans on a periodic basis due to the fact of the things that could possibly change from each scan. There are two approaches to vulnerability scanning: authenticated and unauthenticated scans. In the unauthenticated method, the tester performs the scan as an intruder would, without trusted access to the network. Such a scan reveals vulnerabilities that can be accessed without logging into the network. In an authenticated scan, the tester logs in as a network user, revealing the vulnerabilities that are accessible to a trusted user, or an intruder that has gained access as a trusted user. Both types of scans are recommended for businesses to obtain an overview of their security effectiveness. Experts recommend that vulnerability scans should be performed at least quarterly, especially after new equipment is loaded or the network undergoes significant changes. The scans will detect if your equipment is compromised such as missing patches and outdated protocols, certificates, and services.
Porter, O. M. C. R. (2019, January 25). The importance of vulnerability scans. Partnered Solutions IT. Retrieved March 16, 2022, from https://partneredsolutionsit.com/importance-of-vulnerability-scans/
A vulnerability scan is conducted by organizations so that they can identify weaknesses in their network. After identifying weaknesses, also called vulnerabilities, the organization may then go on to remediate all of the weaknesses or only the areas where the most damage will be done. Each vulnerability scan is unique in that it co
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.