Vehicle type/class Year Make Model Price MPG (city) MPG (hwy) Drive type
Gas/SUV 2022 Chevy Silverado $65,458 30 26 4WD
Electric 2020 Telsa Model y $32,019 45 66 AWD
Gas/Sedan 2022 Honda Accord $26,454 33 40 FWD
Gas/Truck 2022 GMC Sierra $68,251 14 31 RWD
Gas/Sedan 2022 Infaniti G-35 $66,545 22 41 FWD
Gas/SUV 2021 Chevy Tahoe $84,529 16 23 RWD
Gas/Sedan 2022 Dodge Challenger $42,568 24 33 AWD
Gas/Sedan 2022 Dodge Charger $45,421 23 30 RWD
Gas/SUV 2022 Toyota 4 Runner $89,256 20 36 RWD
Electric/ SUV 2022 Telsa model X $94,254 56 82 AWD
Use these summary statistics to make two conclusions or observations about the typical vehicle in the sample. One conclusion must relate to the measure of center (mean/median) and one to the variability (standard deviation) of the vehicles.
Next, add an 11th vehicle to the data set. Choose a “supercar” that costs at least $1 million. Recalculate the summary statistics to include this vehicle.
Which summary statistics were affected the most by the addition of this outlier? How were they changed, and were you surprised by the results? I encourage you to review the Week 2 descriptive statistics PDF at the bottom of the discussions. This will give you a step by step example on how to calculate these values using Excel. I DO NOT recommend doing this by hand. Let Excel do the heavy lifting for you.
Once you have posted your initial discussion, you must reply to at least two other learner’s post. Each post must be a different topic. So, you will have your initial post from one topic, your first follow-up post from a different topic, and your second follow-up post from one of the other topics. Of course, you are more than welcome to respond to more than two learners.”
Instructions: You must respond to at least 2 other students outside your initial thread. Responses may include direct questions. In your peer posts, consider the summary statistics of your classmates’ data sets. After the supercar was added to the data set, which summary statistic do you think more accurately reflects the typical vehicle price – the mean or median? Compare the standard deviation before the supercar was added and after it was added. Does this indicate greater variability in the original or modified data set? Based on this information, do you feel the standard deviation can help you identify the presence of an outlier? Why or why not? In your responses, refer to the specific data from your classmates’ posts. Make sure you include your data set in your initial post as well.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.